Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Photo Film

My video is somewhat limited in its artistic rendering, but I think that it does a good job of highlighting some elements of animation. I think that it ties into strongly with the idea of the speed of photography; even though this is a video, the rending of the images, as I flip through the book, shows how images and animation had to be put together in the past.  "Photographing Time" talks about how the speed of a camera has changed over time, mostly with the time to capture an image, with some of the initial cameras taking over 30,000 seconds to capture a single image.  Although my phone is doing this process differently, it does make me think about how the individual images in the book are being flipped to show movement, with the flipping of the page influencing what is being portrayed to the viewer and at what speed it is being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment