Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Playing the Grid


The piece that I made was influenced by an article that I read from a blog, "The viewer and the grid" An element of the discussion is viewing the grid as a mechanical aspect, but then creating imagery that is around it.  A number of the articles that were read this week in class look at grid art, the role that it has played in computer science and how it is a way of transferring information.  However, the piece that I made is less mechanical and has elements of a grid to it, but it does have some interpretation within that grid. Referring back to some of the concepts in "The viewer and the grid", I like the notion of presenting something that is stimulating to the viewer, which is what I have tried to do in this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment